Full coverage insurance is required by most lending agencies as long as there is any lien on the vehicle. Many car owners carry full coverage simply because it offers them the guarantee of another vehicle of the same value if the original is a total loss. Residents who live in Las Vegas, NV are not required to carry full coverage auto insurance on their own. They must, however, prove they have the minimum amount of coverage to drive legally according to Nevada law.
According to state law, Las Vegas, NV residents are required to carry a minimum amount of vehicle insurance referred to as 15/30/10. The 15/30/10 minimum breaks down to:
- $15k per person of bodily injury coverage
- $30k per accident of bodily injury coverage
- $10k worth of property damage coverage
Residents must provide proof of this amount of coverage if they are stopped by the police, first plate their vehicle, or when the resident renews their tags each year. The right insurance agent can help residents find the right type of coverage that meets the state’s minimum requirements if they own their vehicle outright.
When a vehicle is paid off, and the owner receives the title, they no longer are required to carry full coverage insurance. Dropping from full coverage to PL/PD means losing the opportunity to be reimbursed for any property loss or medical bills that are the result of an accident. The state of Nevada uses an online verification system that can verify whether or not a person has insurance. It is extremely important to make sure the insurance remains in effect during the transition.
Contact Stevens Insurance today for more information.
As a property owner, you may feel the need to rent your property for a little extra cash. If you’ve decided to rent out a few of your homes or apartments, you’re going to need more than your standard homeowner’s insurance policy to cover your investments. You will need what’s known as landlord insurance.
What is Landlord Insurance?
Landlord insurance provides coverage for your rentals that includes property damage, liability, loss of income, and personal injury.
- Property damage – If there is a storm, fire, vandalism, theft, or damages left by a tenant, property damage insurance is helpful coverage. This usually covers the building itself and not the property inside.
- Liability insurance – Liability covers injuries that occur on your property. Accidents can happen, and whether it is your tenant or a visitor, liability can protect you from legal and medical costs associated with the individual’s injuries.
- Loss of income – If you maintain a loss of income coverage, you may be covered for monthly rent you’ve lost. This usually becomes relevant when the property is uninhabitable due to storms or fires. Other covered reason will be included in your policy.
- Personal injury protection – PIP protects you against libel, slander, wrongful eviction, and invasion of privacy claims made against you.
Other Things to Think About
The property inside of the apartment or house that belong to you, such as the microwave, stove, refrigerator, and washer and dryer may not be covered under your normal policy. Contact your insurance agent to make sure those items are covered, so you can get an adequate replacement value if they are damaged or destroyed.
You may also want to encourage your tenants to get renters insurance. In Las Vegas, NV, landlords insurance does not cover their personal property. Contact Stevens Insurance for more information.
An area of the world that has long since become known for its dedication to the party scene, people who live in Vegas often work just as hard as they play. Indeed, although Las Vegas in unique in many respects, it is not immune to most of the rules and regulations placed on the rest of the country. With that said, the following is a closer look at 4 reasons to start your home insurance policy today.
Many Banks Require it
First and foremost, many banks require that you acquire and maintain home insurance as a part of the terms given to secure the loan. By skipping the homeowner’s insurance, you may be putting your entire estate in jeopardy.
When Disaster Strikes
Moreover, every area of the globe has the potential to be hit with a major natural disaster without warning. By acquiring homeowner’s insurance beforehand, you are ensuring that your home is protected from even the most unfavorable circumstances.
Home Away from Home
In addition to that, having home insurance can even protect your home when you are away. No need to be anxious when you travel away from home. By purchasing the right homeowner’s insurance policy, you are ensuring that your home and belongings are safe, even when you are unable to protect them yourself.
Lastly, having homeowner’s insurance can help protect the equity of your home. Given that most mortgages are paid off over the course of many years, having a home insurance policy can help protect the value of your home despite some unfavorable market-related issues.
Overall, if you are in Las Vegas, NV and are looking for high-quality home insurance, Stevens Insurance is the way to go. No matter what type of coverage you are seeking, one of our independent representatives will assist you and hopefully, help you save some cash in the process!
If you live in the Las Vegas, Nevada area, then you might not be thinking much about boat insurance. The untold story about the city is that it is within 30 minutes of Lake Mead National Recreation Area. Lake Mead has over 820 miles of shoreline that people can explore. This means that there is even more water surface to boat on. The need for boat insurance has never been greater.
Protecting Your Boat with the Right Kind of Policy
Your boat is a major investment and will need to have the right kind of protection. Here are some things that you will want to have on your policy.
- Bodily injury is a real possibility is you are the one that causes a boating accident. This coverage pays for the injuries of the other party if you are liable for the cost of the accident.
- Property damage to others gives you the means to fix the other parties boat if it is damaged in the at-fault accident.
- In order to fix your boat, your policy will need to physical damage benefits. This will pay for damages on and off the water.
- A boating accident may cause your boat to capsize. If your boat capsizes, then there is a good chance that all your personal belongings will be lost. This benefit will pay to replace your items.
- Towing and labor is provided to people that break down on the water or strand themselves on a sandbar.
Whatever happens on the water can affect you and your family. You will need to have the right kind of insurance protection for your watercraft. As your independent local agent, we can help get you the policy that meets your needs the best. Give us a call today and let us get to work for you.
In the middle of the desert rises the glitter of Las Vegas. A relatively young city and intentionally planned, Las Vegas Nevada was financed by the railroad. The Salt Lake line had extended to the area. Las Vegas residents made their own laws and intentionally ignored rules against gambling. When the rule become lifted the practice was well established and flourished. At first gambling became financed by the black market and crime families. In the 1990s corporate conglomerates began to buy up real estate so today gambling has become financed by the rich and by corporations. Entertainment venues and casinos remain the major employers in the area. If you are not into gambling lots of other venues have been developed for residents and tourists alike. An auto collection at the quad has 350 cars spanning a century. A Discovery Children’s Museum has 100 hands on exhibits. Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art shows works and masterpieces of Picasso and Fiori di Como.
You Need a Car
In the desert you need a vehicle to cruise around town and to see the sights. More importantly you need car insurance for that just in case oops! You are cruising along and wham the car is dented and hopefully you are not. Local agents have websites. You can compare quotes, send in questions, and make some decisions. Then climb in your fine ride and boogie on down to an insurance agency. Gander at the insurance agents and find one that pleases your sense of what one should be. Walk right up, shake hands, and get those questions answered. Be sure to let him or her know special circumstances in your life like a teenager getting a learners permit.